Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Walking to work

So last Thursday I was driving over to a friend's place and had to take a backroad detour due to construction. All of a sudden I hear a loud bang and the car stalls. I get out to see what the problem is and there is my gas tank lying about 10 feet behind my car. Ouch. I'm trying to get the town to pay as they didn't grade the detour.
So I am walking to work this week. No biggie, as long as I get picked up at least halfway while hitchhiking. I usually do. My ride today talked about trying to stay healthy and enjoying life at the same time. It was a short but inspiring conversation.
The walk often gives me time to be quiet and pray. I rarely get much of that these days. It seems just when I need to be alone and meditate something comes up. I really should take that time and listen to what God is trying to say. I can't say the past several months have been easy but I can start to see a light at the end of the tunnel. We've been doing healing room classes at church on Thurday evenings and we are working on breaking the soul ties to pretty much everything that is oppressive iour lives. That gets pretty heavy but it is worth it. The difficulty comes in trying to put what we are learning into practice in out everyday lives. That has actually been the focus of the "walking mediatation" the past few days.
Also not being afraid to ask God and not have the enemy whispering "what if it isn't His will".
We are learning to just carry on during attacks. Not allowing ourselves to get locked up in a metaphorical cave, just persevere. And keep praising and glorifying because it keeps the enemy confused.
Anyhow I'll sign off for now because it's late and I need to sleep.
Please keep praying for my daughter.
God Bless
Radlife

No comments: