Thursday, March 13, 2008

More prose

I hear you coming down the hall
and windows were flickering
and lights were dimming
for the night was ending

The streets were emptying
beneth my balcony
the last of the partygoers
finding places to sleep.

Bu I couldn't join them
I had not the heart
so I waited alone
in the darkening room

I waited for you
I prayed for you
but you didn't show
so I sat alone

The night wasn't mine
not anymore
that was a time
so long ago

Time takes its toll
on we who lived loose
on we who loved feastng
and celebrating all season

For that season ended and
I fell to the ground
seeking more than the party
could ever offer

And I wept for old times
and wasted youth
and yesteryears
oh silly wasted tears.

For life's contentment
comes indifferent forms and time
and here i sit
never regreting only laughing

then I here you my love
coming down the hall
and i can finallyclose mine eyes and
sleep the night away

No comments: